Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Next comic update

So, I've finally gotten started doing the page layouts. I'm already up to page eight and Jim isn't even in the future yet. There will be fewer panels per page this time, so things won't be so tiny. Between 4-8 drawings per page. Its coming together nicely, so I might have the whole beginning dream sequence done for the weekend. If so, I might scan it in and post it. I haven't decided. If I save the whole thing until its completed, no one will see it until Christmas! I might wait until I have the entire comic sketched out, words and all, before posting. At least then I can see how it all works as a whole.
I'm having a blast doing it! I got to draw my first action sequence with Batman and I borrowed heavily from Timm and Dini's comic, "Mad Love".

Update: I've got a lot of actual work to do this weekend, but I'll definitely be able to finish up to page 20-21 of the comic. I'm working on the scene of Jim waking up in the Batcave.

2 comments:

Jestana said...

*bouncebounce* I'm very much looking forward to it. I keep looking through the sketches you've posted and I can't wait to see how it'll all work in sequence.

Christine Cunningham said...

Thanks! I'm on page 12 of it now and am realizing what a monster I've created. It could end up being over 30 pages. Considering how long it'll be, I think I'll wait until the whole thing is done and finished before uploading them.
I'm loving the process, but it's getting out of hand - I already have an epilogue AND a sequel in mind... :)