Sunday, January 29, 2012

Next comic -part2





I think the storyline is pretty self-explanitory here: Jim and Bats, after 10 years fighting crime together, have to stop the ridiculous, yet powerful Clock King. He's created a gun that zaps people hither and thither into time. He's about to zap Batman, when Jim jumps in front and disappears. Never knowing where he ended up, he's declared dead. Bruce wakes up from the re-occuring dream about what happened and goes downstairs. Terry, about to go on patrol, catching Bruce looking at photos of Jim. Later, Jim pops back into existence and has a "I'm not in Kansas anymore" moment. Unfortunately, he's right in the middle of way of a transit train. Terry quickly comes to the rescue before he's mowed over. Jim passes out and wakes up in the Batcave. Bruce explains what happens and we have the big reveal that Bruce was the old Batman. Terry, observing the broken time device that hit Gordon, says, "I guess this means you're staying". They arrange for Jim to stay at the mansion while they get him set up in his new life. Alone now, Bruce and Jim have a brief conversation where Jim says he doesn't regret what he did. Much later, Jim is on a balcony looking out over new Gotham. Ace, Bruce's dog, joins him and he monologs to it about how he feels about being dumped into the future, about how he wasn't really ready to retire and about seeing Barbara in a few minutes. Then Bruce is there with Babs and they have a sweet reunion moment. Again later, Jim is wandering aimlessly in the mansion and ends up in the cave. He spies a case file open on Bruce's computer and has a peek. Bruce catches him and explains they need someone unknown to the company they're investigating to go gather intelligence. He asks how Jim is enjoying retirement. Jim replies that he's bored out of his mind. They grin. Jim follows up, awkwardly, about how seeing his own gravestone really puts things into perspective and how he doesn't want to wait until one of them is dead, again, before admitting that he's in love with Bruce. Bruce simply asks him to stay with him, Jim, of course, says yes. Last panel is Terry, grossed out having caught them sharing a kiss. FIN.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the storyline! Are you actually gonna draw it or is it just an explanation for the sketches?

~sinningia~

PS: Did you change the settings - suddenly I can write comments in your blog... Weee!

Christine Cunningham said...

I'm glad you like the idea! I think I will actually do a full comic for the story. I'm back at work today, however, so I'll probably just spend the next few months fleshing out the story and writing the dialogue.
I did change the settings - took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out. *^_^*

Anonymous said...

I did change the settings - took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out. *^_^*

But well worth it - now I don't have to spam the poor community. Instead, I can spam your blog directly :-)))

I think I will actually do a full comic for the story.

I'm really looking forward to it!

~sinningia~

Jestana said...

I'm looking forward to the comic itself, though looking at the rough sketches is lots of fun. If only you hadn't beaten me to the idea... ;-) Though I'm not sure I could do justice to the Batman Beyond era. It's been a long time since I watched it.